Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Best School Ever

I was sitting here reading my textbook for my Applied Climatology class tonight and was getting bored, so I decided to get on Facebook. I posted a very nerdy post about how I was wasting time and my mom started to comment on it. Next thing I knew my Physical Meteorology professor was in there giving me a hard time as well. I got all sorts of flak for not studying on the second day of school and how I could be doing much more productive things than facebooking.

This whole experience reminded me of why I chose Cal U in the first place. I truly have a family here. The Professors are all very close with their students and have not problem with giving us a hard time both in class and out of class. The friends that I have made here are some of the closest friends that I have ever had, and perhaps because of that I have higher expectations of them.

I still have some fundamental problems with many of my friends, my roommate from last year for example does not always live they way he preaches. My best friend and I are not nearly as close as we once were, perhaps for the best. I am an asshole to pretty much everyone at some point or another, and I miss many of the graduates of our program, even though I only knew some of them for a year. With that said we are all still great friends that have no problem putting aside our differences and helping each other out. That is what makes our program the best program not only in all of Cal U but in the whole country.

I have a family here, with parents, and brothers and sisters and the crazy uncles and cousins. I belong here at Cal right now, and I truly hope that there is never a day that I lose touch with anyone that I have met here.

No comments:

Post a Comment