Friday, August 5, 2011

Friends of friends/Exceptions

I have been thinking lately about two things. The first is a social question, do need to be friends, or even like, the friends of those we love? I mean ideally we would, but is it nessicerry? I don't think so. In fact I think its good to have some seperate friends, it gives you a chance to get away from them (lest we fall victim to the classic "too much of a good thing is a bad thing"). But I do think we need to be able to accept their friends, even if we don't like them. We should be able to see that these people are impotant in their lives and so they should have a certain level of respect in ours.

The other thing I have been thinking about is exceptions to our standards and habits. Specificlly my habit of being very ver impatient. I am the kind of person to ask forgivness rather than permission because I want it done now. And if I must wait for someone to decide on something I am likly to leave. But teir are some people that are exceptions to this. Particularly two in my life right now, and it baffles me how I, of all people, can have such a double standard in my own life and not think anything wrong with it. Perhaps it just means I should learn to be more patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment