Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Most Exciting Week of Nothing

This week has seemed abnormally long to me; and granted, a week for me is half a week for you as I split mine by interning for three days and working for four. I just finished the interning part, and while I love what I'm doing and its one of the best experiences of my life sometimes I just cant stand it. This wasn't one of those weeks.

To understand my week you need to first understand what I do. I'm a meteorology student during the year, so you might assume I intern at a news station, or that I forecast for NOAA. You'd be wrong. I'm an engineer for NOAA. I am helping test thermometers and rain gauges and anemometers. I love it more than almost anything, its my dream job. The problem is I am also helping with the help desk for the field and even worse helping with IT support.

It is very difficult to get anything done when you spend all day looking for a server (it was in a completely different building). But I still enjoy it.  This week however seemed longer than the rest for one simple reason, I am waiting for it to be done.

See this weekend I am going with my mom and brother up to see my family near Pittsburgh.  But I see them all the time,  so I am taking the van and driving towards Erie to see my best friend in the world.  Shes awesome, though much like me she is sarcastic and an asshole sometimes, so you probably wouldn't like her.  Though unlike me she looks awesome in a dress ;)

I still have two and a half days to get through until I can see her, and that's killing me. A week has never felt so long and boring in my life. It feels as if, even though I like what I do, the week is just in the way and needs to move. I plan on taking my camera with me to see her, and maybe we will do a vlog together. But the thought of two more days of working is almost painful, though the pool is more fun then my Internship.

Besides the frustrations of working selling my soul to the government and all of its inefficiencies (there is a reason we are so far in debt...)  I don't really have any complaints for the week.  It hasn't been overwhelming great,  but not bad either so I guess I should count myself as lucky,  for now... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment